The Automotive Technician plays a core role in the delivery of a truly satisfying customer ownership experience and to the profitability and operational effectiveness of the service department. The person in this role is responsible for performing vehicle maintenance and repairs accurately during the customer’s first visit that ensures customer safety and prevent the vehicle returning with similar concerns. Performing quality diagnostic and repair work contributes to an overall experience that exceeds expectations.
- Diagnose and perform vehicle maintenance and repairs according to product guidelines
- Inform Service Advisors of vehicle maintenance/repair requirements and assist in the development of an effective customer consultation
- Inform Tower/Dispatch when repairs are finished and ensure that repair stories are complete, well written and include a properly documented complaint, cause and correction story
- Check and verify parts before installationr
- Assist in general house keeping of the workshop
- High school diploma and/or post secondary diploma/degree in Automotive Repairs
- Automotive Service Technician Licence
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- A/C licence is an asset
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a Technician (including apprenticeship)
- Product knowledge
- Exceptional customer service skills with the desire to exceed expectations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to write a story clearly and concisely
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with attention to detail
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask
- Highly self-motivated, committed team-player with the desire to learn
- Willing to learn as a part of further personal development
- The ability to effectively respond to and meet the needs of a diverse client base
- Computer Skills: Internet applications, ADP (intermediate), Work Instruction/Information System (WIS), TIPS, MBC Intranet, Start Diagnostic System (SDS), SD Media, Xentry Flash
Here’s a little blurb about us…
The McManes Automotive Group consists of dealerships spanning from Manitoba to British Columbia and we currently represent 13 brands of vehicles. Although our store locations are independently operated, we share the same overall culture by showing appreciation for every person that works with us. By taking care of our people, we inherently take care of our customers. We provide competitive rates, comprehensive benefit package for you (and your family) and we offer great opportunity for career advancement. In turn, our store locations will sponsor many team building and community events such as annual employee golf tournaments, comedy events, X-Mas dinner and even a kid’s X-Mas party where Santa makes an appearance with a sac full of toys. Regardless if you have a growing family or are starting a new one, we would like to offer you the opportunity to join ours!
The McManes Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all applicants. We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.