The General Sales Manager is responsible for managing, growing and maintaining the effective and profitable operations of the sales department. You are also responsible for sustaining the operational efficiency of the department and its day-to-day operations, and executing long-term strategic planning to ensure growth and CSI goals.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by building ongoing relationships with customer base, resolving customer issues related to the dealership and/or product. Make management customer callbacks to ensure the highest possible closing ratio for the store
- Develop annual business plan for the dealership including planning and forecasting sales, constantly monitoring the dealership’s performance in relation to the plan, and revising the plan when appropriate, as well as finding areas that may offer opportunity for increases in efficiency, sales, profit, cost reduction and customer satisfaction. Know and understand the variables that will affect the business plan including: supply, demand, profit, competition, promotion, pricing, manufacturing issues, insurance rates, and finance rates
- Help to complete sales transactions – balancing the needs of customers, Sales Consultants and the dealership. Ensure that all purchase agreements, bills of sale, finance contracts, lease agreements, applications for registration and all other documents necessary for the sale and lease of vehicles are completed accurately and in full compliance with McManes Automotive Group policies and local laws.
- Protect and preserve the integrity of the company.
- Oversee the F & I department including accuracy of all bills of sales and products available for sale.
- Oversee coordination of inventory available for sale, display of vehicles on the lot and showroom, and cleanliness of vehicles on display with pricing, etc.
- Recruit, train, coach, develop and motivate the sales team (including Sales Consultants, administrative staff and car preparation team) with an eye to setting individual goals and achieving monthly volume and gross profit targets.
- Together with the Service and Parts Managers, create and maintain a team environment throughout the dealership, promoting a culture of cooperation and collaboration with a responsibility to achieve common goals and objectives for the dealership.
- Act as a mentor to the Sales Floor Manager and Assistant Sales Manage.
- Lead daily and monthly sales meetings, conduct annual performance appraisals for salaried employees, implement performance management and disciplinary action as necessary.
- Create and implement dealership specific sales programs and events; develop co-op regional advertising, oversee implementation of marketing plans, as well as create and analyze sales and CSI reports.
- Coordinate sales process as per ISO requirements for both new and pre-owned vehicles.
- Oversee all other activities within the dealership on a daily basis.
- Other duties as required by local Retail Head.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in business administration, automotive marketing, or retailing; or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a sales and marketing role
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a management role
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to motive a team and drive results
- Excellent judgement and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Desire to exceed customer expectations
- The ability to effectively respond to and meet the needs of a diverse client base
- Broad product knowledge base including off-makes
- Computer skills: MS Office (intermediate), PAIS/ADP/Napoleon or 180/VAX, Lotus Notes
- Provincial Sales Licence where required by law
- Valid driver’s licence
- Excellent knowledge on social media techniques
- Critical thinking, strong decision making, ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects
- Excellent analytical, research and presentation skills
- Advanced computer skills (MAC, Powerpoint, Word, Excel)
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and make decisions
- Experience in tracking and controlling budgets
- Valid driver’s license for local travel with a clean driver’s abstract
Here’s a little blurb about us…
The McManes Automotive Group consists of dealerships spanning from Manitoba to British Columbia and we currently represent 13 brands of vehicles. Although our store locations are independently operated, we share the same overall culture by showing appreciation for every person that works with us. By taking care of our people, we inherently take care of our customers. We provide competitive rates, comprehensive benefit package for you (and your family) and we offer great opportunity for career advancement. In turn, our store locations will sponsor many team building and community events such as annual employee golf tournaments, comedy events, X-Mas dinner and even a kid’s X-Mas party where Santa makes an appearance with a sac full of toys. Regardless if you have a growing family or are starting a new one, we would like to offer you the opportunity to join ours!
The McManes Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all applicants. We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.