The Parts Manager is responsible for forecasting, inventory control, purchasing, pricing, merchandising, displaying, security and advertising for the Parts department.
- Ensure level & security of parts inventory & anticipate parts needs based on new & prevalent models
- Prepare & manage an annual operating budget for the Parts Department, & is accountable for overall profitability of the department
- Set goals & objectives for the parts department
- Coordinate with the Service Manager & the Body Shop Manager to ensure the availability of parts
- Ensure accurate costing & crediting for all received and returned parts
- Hire, educate, motivate, guide,& evaluate performance of parts department staff
- Oversee work of personnel to enhance image & customer satisfaction of dealership
- Maintain parts inventory by coordinating with the manufacturer on required parts, creating effective procedures to monitor both parts inventory & data input into computer system
- Maximize the use of factory stock orders & factory return privileges to reduce parts inventory over specific number of months
- Negotiate pricing with vendors to obtain parts
- Post secondary diploma/degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years experience in Parts Department and previous warehouse experience is an asset
- Strong familiarity with automotive parts
- Good concentration with stock orders
- Solid inventory management expertise
- Effective administrative &management capabilities
- Computer literate
Here’s a little blurb about us…
The McManes Automotive Group consists of dealerships spanning from Manitoba to British Columbia and we currently represent 13 brands of vehicles. Although our store locations are independently operated, we share the same overall culture by showing appreciation for every person that works with us. By taking care of our people, we inherently take care of our customers. We provide competitive rates, comprehensive benefit package for you (and your family) and we offer great opportunity for career advancement. In turn, our store locations will sponsor many team building and community events such as annual employee golf tournaments, comedy events, X-Mas dinner and even a kid’s X-Mas party where Santa makes an appearance with a sac full of toys. Regardless if you have a growing family or are starting a new one, we would like to offer you the opportunity to join ours!
The McManes Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all applicants. We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.