The Parts Wholesale Sales Associate buys merchandise or commodities for resale to consumers at the wholesale or retail level, including both durable and nondurable goods.
- Analyze past buying trends, sales records, price, and quality of merchandise to determine value and yield
- Select, order, and authorize payment for merchandise according to contractual agreements
- conduct meetings with sales personnel and introduce new products
- Examine, select, order, and purchase at the most favorable price merchandise consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements and other factor
- Negotiate prices, discount terms and transportation arrangements for merchandise
- Interview and work closely with vendors to obtain and develop desired products
- Inspect merchandise or products to determine value or yield
- Set or recommend mark-up rates, mark-down rates, and selling prices for merchandise
- Post secondary diploma/degree or equivalent experience
- Prior parts sales experience preferred
- Strong MS office required with an emphasis on MS excel and Outlook
- Proven ability to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization and follow-up skills
- Experience and desire to work with technology
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Valid drivers license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
Here’s a little blurb about us…
The McManes Automotive Group consists of dealerships spanning from Manitoba to British Columbia and we currently represent 13 brands of vehicles. Although our store locations are independently operated, we share the same overall culture by showing appreciation for every person that works with us. By taking care of our people, we inherently take care of our customers. We provide competitive rates, comprehensive benefit package for you (and your family) and we offer great opportunity for career advancement. In turn, our store locations will sponsor many team building and community events such as annual employee golf tournaments, comedy events, X-Mas dinner and even a kid’s X-Mas party where Santa makes an appearance with a sac full of toys. Regardless if you have a growing family or are starting a new one, we would like to offer you the opportunity to join ours!
The McManes Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all applicants. We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.