The Quick Lube Tech performs work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Performs Vehicle inspections, notes all leaks, areas of concern, obtains opinion from closest Tech, records finding on inspection sheet and in computer
- Sells lubrication, safety inspection, and other related services
- Maintains records on regular customers
- Inspects all vehicle fluid levels, replaces or replenishes as necessary. Record low fluids as found other than washer fluid
- Check pressures of all tires, inspects for leaks, nails screws etc. if low, notifies advisor with findings and adds air if needed resets monitor if required
- Ensures that customers’ cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle
- Works alongside an assigned technician to learn to perform quality vehicle service maintenance and repairs
- Performs oil changes, lubrication work, basic maintenance, and minor repairs as directed
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, provincial, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, WHIMIS etc.
- Post secondary diploma/degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in automotive industry is an asset
- First year apprentice preferred
- Basic mechanical skills
- Ability to lift tires & other heavy equipment
- Ability to prioritize workflow
- Desire to exceed customer expectations
- Computer literate
Here’s a little blurb about us…
The McManes Automotive Group consists of dealerships spanning from Manitoba to British Columbia and we currently represent 13 brands of vehicles. Although our store locations are independently operated, we share the same overall culture by showing appreciation for every person that works with us. By taking care of our people, we inherently take care of our customers. We provide competitive rates, comprehensive benefit package for you (and your family) and we offer great opportunity for career advancement. In turn, our store locations will sponsor many team building and community events such as annual employee golf tournaments, comedy events, X-Mas dinner and even a kid’s X-Mas party where Santa makes an appearance with a sac full of toys. Regardless if you have a growing family or are starting a new one, we would like to offer you the opportunity to join ours!
The McManes Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all applicants. We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.