The Tower Operator contributes to the operational effectiveness of the service department and to positive CSI results by maximizing shop productivity and by ensuring that all vehicles advance through the shop in a timely and efficient manner; contributing to an overall experience that exceeds expectations.
- Prioritize and dispatch work for the shop
- Maintain shop capacity, efficiency and productivity
- Monitor the availability of technicians and inform the Shop Foremen, Service Advisors, and Managers on absences or delays
- Use internal repair orders and pre-delivery inspections/checks to help reach production goals and complete internal work in a timely manner
- Identify and communicate opportunities to enhance workshop productivity and efficiency to Service Management
- Answer incoming calls regarding service inquiries and accurately schedule appointments, when necessary
- Post secondary diploma/degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience with scheduling in an automotive environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Basic knowledge of or ability to understand the mechanics of a vehicle
- Ability to set effective, efficient time schedules
- Ability to prioritize workflow
- Ability to think strategically about ways of enhancing shop performance and productivity
- Desire to exceed customer expectations
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- The ability effectively respond to and meet the needs of a diverse client base
- Computer skills: MS Office, ADP/CDK
Here’s a little blurb about us…
The McManes Automotive Group consists of dealerships spanning from Manitoba to British Columbia and we currently represent 13 brands of vehicles. Although our store locations are independently operated, we share the same overall culture by showing appreciation for every person that works with us. By taking care of our people, we inherently take care of our customers. We provide competitive rates, comprehensive benefit package for you (and your family) and we offer great opportunity for career advancement. In turn, our store locations will sponsor many team building and community events such as annual employee golf tournaments, comedy events, X-Mas dinner and even a kid’s X-Mas party where Santa makes an appearance with a sac full of toys. Regardless if you have a growing family or are starting a new one, we would like to offer you the opportunity to join ours!
The McManes Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all applicants. We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.